2012/07/26

Welcome!

Hoi Chummers,

inspired by the recent surge in all things Shadowrun (check http://www.shadowrun.com/ if you don't know what I'm talking about), I've decided that now is the right time to revitalize a game that has been released in 1997, which has gone out of production in 1998, and which, in all fairness, is completely unbalanced. You've guessed it, I'm talking about Shadowrun: The Trading Card Game, originally released by the now-defunct company FASA Corporation.

So in the coming weeks, I'd like to talk about game mechanics, rebalancing ideas, and, most importantly, about concepts for new cards and quite possibly about new expansions. Somewhat relatedly, I'd also like to use this blog to promote my Shadowrun TCG - Magic Set Editor Template that allows everybody to easily create their own Shadowrun cards. There are still some bugs in the template, but I'm confident they'll be fixed over time, with some generous help by people like you! Seeing that I hardly had any experience with coding or graphics editing, I'm surprised I've come as far as I have...

I would also like to use the opportunity to point you towards Blackwire's great blog on Shadowrun TCG decks. You'll find the complete card list (with rules) for the unpublished Corp War Expansion there, as well as the rules for numerous other fan-made sets created in the late 1990s. Note that Blackwire posts mostly in German, though, which is why I have considered this blog necessary in the first place! :-)

No comments: